Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

I Ran 50 Miles {Runner's Log}


Last year, Megan and I participated in a 50 miles to Christmas challenge which started at the beginning of November. We had about 55 days to complete 50 miles. We had to run a little less than a mile every day, but we committed to running about two miles every other day and finished just before Christmas. This was the farthest I had ever run in the shortest amount of time and was a huge accomplishment for me. The challenge also came at the perfect point in my life and running provided a required timeframe where I could meditate on what was going on in my world. 
This year I did the challenge again. This time solo because my sweet friend is a new puppy mommy and well... life happens. So this go around I turned it into hiking and running. I also got a gym membership in downtown Seattle which allowed me to escape from being a desk potato mid-day and run a few miles on the treadmill each lunch break. With my runs at lunch, and my hikes with Rich and our evening runs I completed 50 miles yesterday, right in front of this Christmas Burger. This year I only had forty-two days to finish my challenge but completed it within 33. 

Running is so much more of a lifestyle now than it was last year. Every day running has become a staple- whether I'm participating in a challenge or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment