Pages

Monday, December 21, 2015

Emerald City Sagas


It has been rainy this week in Seattle.
So rainy that the buses are soaked with wet smelly people with wet multitudes of shopping bags pushing and shoving and fighting for their ride home. 
The other day a woman rang her umbrella out on my lap while I was sitting on the bus. Then she shook it really hard to make sure every last bit of water fell onto my feet, then looked at me offended as if I was in her way. I had to give myself an attitude check before slapping this lady with her own umbrella... because that.would.not.be.nice. (Though I'm not going to lie and say I didn't think about it.) But, when the rain stops, people get friendlier- especially this time of year. The twinkly lights in the dark windy downtown makes people smile and say "hello" to strangers. Coffee shops are filled more with laughing than yawning and groaning. And Seattle is really a lovely place to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment