Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Salmon, Alpaca Love, and Fudge {Ragamuffin Diaries}


Meet Marley and Hobo. (Marley is the brown one, Hobo is the white one... Hobo isn't his real name, but he seemed to smile when I named him that...) Look!!! I'm catching up on my posts! This post brings us to the first weekend in October- Salmon Days in Issaquah! The beginning of this story really goes back to me buying a condo in Issaquah on the same street that a parade lines up on for the Salmon Days Parade. I didn't really take this into consideration until Salmon Days rolled around and I had completely lost track of the date and forgot entirely about the parade. That is, until I woke up and saw this out my window:

Yes, that is Blaiser McPhee staring at the Coca-Cola polar bear making friends with a girl scout troop outside my window. This peaceful scene was followed by numerous Clydesdale Horses, Puppies on parade, Sasquatch Floats (Complete with Sasquatch), Jesus-Mobiles, Eight Deloreans, and Ronald McDonald singing "Good Morning!" songs through a megaphone... what a weird way to wakeup, but I can't say I disliked it. I did question what was in my tea for the first five minutes though...

The festivities went on all weekend- it's a typical small town festival: live music,  corn dogs bigger than a toddler's arm, cotton candy, fudge (omg the fudge), artsy vendors, fudge, coffee stands, fudge, rides, and fudge. Oh, and salmon. Live and Fried.
Friends, we really celebrate our Salmon here.
This year there seemed to be thousands and thousands of Salmon in the river, which was a relief from last year when the Summer was so much hotter causing the rivers to raise in temperature, which essentially pre-cooked the poor fishies. Mumsy, Daddio and I wandered for a few hours, people watched, fish watched, and indulged in roasted corn on the cob, and fudge (no, I didn't share).
Three cheers for three Halstead's being in the same place at once, the excitement of salmon, and fudge... all the fudge

No comments:

Post a Comment